Sackville Wrestling Opportunity
Wednesday November 23rd at 1:30 pm
My name is Mike Lidstone, I am the wrestling coach at Sackville High and I also run the Sackville Wrestling Club which provides training for youth aged 7-18.
- As a 36 year member of the RCMP, I have seen the sport of wrestling change many lives. It is phenomenal at boosting self-esteem and deters youth from many negative social activities.
- It is common for me to coach wrestlers from as many as 7 schools at SSNS provincials as many students attend our club and high school practices.
- Students must receive permission from their administration to attend SHS practices and the SHS administration must agree with admin that they can attend.
- This week we will commence school practices on Wednesdays, Thursdays and most Fridays from 3:30 until 5:30 p.m. Realistically it takes a while to set up the mats and start our team warm up each day so if a student can make it to Sackville High by 4:00 p.m. they can experience a full practice.
- Involvement in wrestling will be beneficial as a secondary sport in developing strength, athleticism, footwork and handwork for many sports -especially football and rugby.
- I would like to encourage schools to invite their students to attend Sackville High School starting this week, Wednesday November 23 to partake in the sport of wrestling.
- Parents, admin, athletic directors and coaches from other sports can contact me at: email@example.com.
Thank you- I hope to see many new faces,